The WordWeavers and Bambino's are happy to announce the 2nd annual Into the Book festival will be held on September 14, 2013 at Bambino's from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm.
If you are a local author (Bartlesville, Pawhuska, Dewey, Nowata, etc) and would like to have a book signing table at our event, please contact us at Bville_WordWeavers@yahoo.com before August 19th. We have a limited number of spots. Any spots leftover after August 19th will be given to interested authors from around the area. We want this to spotlight local authors first, so please let us know ASAP.
Our anthology, Seasons Remembered is doing okay. During our recent promotional giveaway we got Seasons into the hands of 197 people. I know that may not have meant expectations, but anthologies are a hard sell. Keep in mind, that's a 197 people who may not have heard about us before and could possibly buy an individual WordWeaver's work.
We also sold 2 copies in person and had 1 Kindle sale. Here is the current rundown.
Author copies: 15
In Person: 75
For a total: 314
We also reiterated the submission guidelines for the upcoming anthology. Each person was e-mailed a set of submission rules. Please refer to that for all of them, but here are the biggies.
1. E-mail your submission to Bville_WordWeavers@yahoo.com (not to Jennifer) before your deadline.
2. Print out the submission and critique, then return to the person during the meeting after the discussion.
3. If you can't make it to the meeting, e-mail the critique back to the person who wrote it, NOT TO JENNIFER. (I spent an obscene amount of time forwarding e-mails last year. The author's e-mail address will be at the top of the submission when I send it out. It's just as easy to send it to the author as it is to send it to me. If it is my submission, send it to JenniferMcMurrain@yahoo.com, not to my personal account. We want to make sure things don't get lost. This applies to everyone, no matter how long you've know me or what e-mail you previously have for me. Thanks.)
4. If we are critiquing your work, you NEED to be there. If everyone is taking the time to critique your work, you need to commit to the deadline you set and be at that meeting.
5. If you can't make it to the meeting where your work is being critiqued then you will need to pick up your critiques from Jennifer. (I will not deliver critiques this year. CALL before you come to my house.) Failure to pick up critiques may result in losing your spot in the anthology.
LilyBear House and Gilcrease Publishing will publish the new anthology as well as acquire Seasons Remembered. Neither LilyBear House or Gilcrease Publishing, will take royalties.
The rest of the time was spent critiquing works for our upcoming seasons anthology.
If you are a paid member of WordWeavers it's not too late to be involved in the anthology. E-mail me at Bville_WordWeavers@yahoo.com for the details.Our next meeting will be July 16th at 6:30 pm at the Bartlesville Public Library, in meeting room A (upstairs). This is an open meeting and we hope to see you there. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at Bville_WordWeavers@yahoo.com.