Cynthia (aka Denise, aka hey you), Cindy, Pepper, Sidney, Jennifer, Ann, Sallie, Linda, Marilyn, Abigail, and Jayleen. New (possible) Member: Rick Sadok
Treasurer Report by Jennifer:
- Sara Lynn and Declan are doing well!
- $567.21 in account. We haven't sold much lately.
- Totals:209 Hard copies, 73 Kindle copies, 9 KDP (I hope I got that right), and 18 Create Space.
- Make sure to share the FB book of the day!
- Penny at Harlequin will be joining us via video conference during our Sept. 20th meeting at 6:30pm. Please have questions, either specific or overall, ready for her. She is the assistant editor of the super romance and heartwarming (which requires no agent).
- OWFI deadline for contests is February 1st.
- Please send Abigail any news for the Affiliate Report (sold manuscripts, published works, speaking engagements, new blogs, awards, etc)
- OWFI website is new and improved so check it out.
- Ann's new name for her business is Reading Creek Editing. Congratulations Ann!
- Jennifer has submitted Summer's End to copy editors. Yay!
- Abigail has an interesting article "Farm to Table" in local Bartlesville magazine. Awesome!
- Marilyn's Becoming Rose has been formatted. Outstanding!
- Pepper has been busy with plays at the Heritage Café in Dewey. Fabulous!
- Abigail wanted to thank everyone for their feedback on her work.
- WW is open for critiques. Novels are hard to critique in this setting so a smaller critique group would be best for that. Utilize the WW Facebook page for quick critiques. If you aren't in a hurry for a critique, email to Jennifer and we can fit it on the meeting agenda.
- Anthology news: right now very small, only about 100 pages, and a lot are set in winter. So questions about the anthology: A) put call out to those that didn't sign up (which would mean a heavy critique session at August meeting) B) let some do more than one story C) use works already published without taking the hot seat D) have Linda do the cover?
- Anthology questions have been tabled. We will vote on a cover from Linda (stock) and Pepper (original) at the next meeting. An email will be sent to invite other's to submit.
- Final edits for the anthology are needed ASAP
- Anticipated publish date is November 22nd.
- Critiques were done for Pepper and Cindy
- Rita, Twana, and Darla's submission are due Aug. 9th for critique
- Cindy & Pepper final edits due Aug 16th
- Next meeting August 16th.
- 8:15 conclude Meeting